WELCOME TO TO THE FARM!!
Hello! My name is Sherry and I’m a work-at-home Mom. I was born in the early 70s and grew up in the burbs of Cincinnati. Yes, I know, I’m not necessarily a “city chic” per say, but hey the burbs is close enough!!
I’ve been on my own since 19, and I must say I’ve learned a lot in my single years. In high school I decided I was going to work after high school and find a company that would pay for my college education. I also knew early on that I was going to support myself and live on my own before I ever got married. I can happily say I did just that, and even shared what I learned by mentoring a young girl for 11 years. Now I see her following in my footsteps. How amazing!
I met my husband, Mike, in the early 90s, got married in the late 90s, and now we have three boys and we live on a farm in Indiana. Mike raises black angus beef cattle and pigs, as well as plants & harvests hay, feed corn, and soy beans. Since I’ve known him I’ve definitely learned a lot about farming, and I believe it’s the hardest paid profession in the world. As if farming isn’t hard enough he also owns and runs a successful concrete construction company that operates in the greater Cincinnati area.
My boys (Trevor, Dylan, & Jacob) are all school age, and doing well. They love being outside with Dad and helping him with all the farm chores. Thank goodness!! Then I won’t have to! No seriously I would if he needed my help. I have my own rubber boots just in case, but I’d have to wipe the dust off first.
- City vs Country Living – the pros and cons of both for anyone that’s thinking about moving from one to the other.
- Cooking on the Farm – my dislike for the responsibility and how I make it manageable.
- Farm Funnies & Stories ~ what this “city girl” has learned about farming and the laughter that it brings.
- Giving Back ~ the charities we support as well as my Mentoring experience.
- Inside My Heart ~ My heartfelt thoughts of those I love, and anything else that touches my heart.
- Money Saving Tips ~ other than “pimping the cow” to save customers money on buying meat in bulk directly from a farmer, I also share other ways that I’ve learned to save.
- Organizing on the Farm ~ organizing comes naturally so I share my unique ways of doing just that.
- Parenting on the Farm ~ the hardest job in the world and now we utilize the farm to raise the boys.
- Product Reviews ~ I love sharing my opinion of products that work well in our farming lifestyle.
- Work-at-Home Opportunity ~ our journey in the blogging world and how self employment supports our family.
Please subscribe to my site if you’d like to get updates as I post. I sincerely hope you will visit often and I’d be happy to hear from you as well! Enjoy!