SAHM means stay-at-home Mom if you’ve never seen that acronym, but I have to admit I’m more of a WAHM “work-at-home Mom.” Either way though my main priority was and is the kids and everything else I do gets done when they are occupied, sleeping, or off to school.
For the past 10 years I’ve been raising my babies out here in the country, and now they are all school age. Whoo Hoo! This post will be more about those 10 years and what the pros and cons are of non-surbian living when the boys were little.
- the boys could play outside without the threat of strangers, or them running out into the street after a ball because we are a half a mile off the road.
- plenty of room to run, ride bikes, go creek walking, hiking in the wooded area, etc.
- the farm house is surrounded with pasture fencing so the boys are corralled in just like the cows.
- privacy is nice when outdoors with my boys with no threat of someone calling the cops if they needed a spanking.
- in order to make friends you have to leave home. There’s no walking out your front door with a neighborhood full of playmates.
- time with playmates is scheduled either at a location as a group or there’s a drop off and pick up time.
- making cookies for the kids and realized you don’t have enough eggs? The neighbors refrig isn’t just a couple of steps away, but rather a mile or more.
- I put a lot of miles on my truck, yep gotta have 4 wheel drive in the winter, just to get the kids where they need to go.
These are just a few off the top of my head, but there’s so much more in either category. If your debating on whether not to move to the country and you have little ones please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’d be happy to help and answer any questions.