I wrote a post the other day about “As the Poop Goes Flying” and I got an interesting comment from a Mom after she read it that made my heart sink. She said she’d be willing to come and clean out the barn if I would help her clean her Autistic son’s room after he had smeared poop all over it. My heart is soooo with her!
It was interesting to me though that poop has a different meaning for everyone depending on the way you look at it. So my mind began to wonder. . .
- For a farmer it’s the smell of money because that means the animal is healthy.
- For a new Mom or Dad it’s the beginning of parenthood.
- For a parent of a toddler it’s praying the poo ends in the potty on a consistent basis.
- For a parent raising a child with disabilities it’s a life long job.
For Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs it’s another way to “get dirty.”
- For a Doctor it’s the way he/she measures health.
- For everything living that has a digestive system it’s relief.
- For someone who’s Anorexic, it’s about weight.
- For farmers, landscapers, etc. it’s for fertilizer.
- For the male species it’s ALWAYS funny.
- For a Zoo Keeper it’s part of the job.
- BUT for all of us in general IT STINKS!!
This may seem like an odd post, but I’m surrounded since I’m on a farm and live with 4 males. This is my therapy! 😉