As I shared with you in my Fresh Air . . . NOT post I have a constant challenge of keeping the inside of my home smelling good. I’m surrounded by farms as well as living with my husband and three boys. Yep … see I told you it was a challenge!!
Other than cleaning I use a variety of air fresheners, candles, and 2 air purifiers running continuously in hopes to keep the air smelling good. No one once to smell poop when you walk into a house that I know of. Right?
Since I’ve lived on a farm, which has been almost 12 years now, I’m constantly looking for air fresheners to keep the indoor air smelling fresh. Here are the ones that work, but not continuously like I’d hope:
- Candles – are awesome, but you can’t burn them all the time, and the air purifiers that I have running just collect the soot from the candles. I love candles though, especially Yankee, PartyLite, & Warm Glow.
- Tart Warmers – Yes they are nice too, but I’m afraid to leave them plugged in continuously in fear they may overheat and catch fire.
- Candle Warmers – warms a candle which emits the candle fragrance into the air, but they are like the tart warmers and could overheat.
- Plugged in Warmers – like Glade, AirWick, & Febreeze are nice, but they are warmers too and I worry they too can overheat.
Air fresheners that work and I love:
- Reed Diffusers – you can find these just about anywhere, but PartyLite makes the best ones. I’ve tried other brands and keep going back to PartyLite.
- Glade Fan – Yes it is plugged in, but it’s not a warmer. I love the Glade fan, but it can get expensive to keep them running. I only buy them if I have coupons.
- Sachets – are packets of fragrance and work great in closets! I get them at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
So after trial and error with all the different home air fresheners, those are the ones I pick. I will win the battle to keep my farm house smelling good if it kills me!