In recent days due to recent events I’ve taken some time to reflect. Yes, the challenging events in my life were put there for a reason and the hardest ones are those that have to do with relationships with others. So due to a relationship challenge lately I reflect on it as well as the ones in the past. Here’s what I’ve learned.
- When someone takes anger out on you, a majority of the time, it has nothing to do with you but rather an outward expression of an internal struggle.
- Due what’s in your heart and believe in yourself. The outcome may not be what you hoped, but it was worth the journey.
- Listen to your intuition and act upon it, even though others may not agree.
- Everyone lives in a different world, including those closest to you. Respect that!
- Cherish the friendships you have, because they are the family you choose for yourself.
- No one sees a situation the same, but their perception is their reality.
- Just because everyone in the world doesn’t love you doesn’t mean your not a great person.
- Don’t allow bad criticism to define you, but rather rise above it and prove it wrong.
- Some people love you more than they are willing to admit or show.
- When someone treats you bad sometimes it’s an indication they are jealous or craving your attention.
- Forgive the person whom wronged you for yourself, not because they deserve it.
Every one of the above statements is something I’ve learned due to relationships I’ve had and witnessed. There’s plenty more where those came from, as well as many more to learn.